Village of New Baden
1 E Hanover St
New Baden, IL 62265
Legion Memorial Pool
Operated by YMCA of Southwest Illinois
2014 SEASON INFORMATION
The Legion Memorial Pool will operate from the Saturday prior to Memorial Day (May 24) until Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 8).
Regular pool hours:12:00-7:00 p.m.
Adult Swim (18+ years): Monday and Wednesday nights from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Water exercise classes: Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Teen Swim (13-19 years of age): Fridays from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
The YMCA reserves the right to adjust the schedule for these sessions. For all 7:00-8:00 p.m. sessions, the regular admission rate shall apply to users without pool passes. Admission is free for holders of pool passes.
During the dates that Wesclin School District is in session the pool will only be open Monday-Friday from 5:00-8:00 p.m. and 12:00-6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
*Family Pass is for immediate family members only. A baby-sitter, an aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin, and/or a grandparent DOES NOT count as an immediate family member.
**Pool Parties are two (2) hours with a maximum of 50 guests.
***Pool Parties are $135.00 for Village residents and $160.00 for other users.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The YMCA and Village have agreed to the following rules and regulations for the 2014 season. These rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all patrons. They have been established to assure that all patrons enjoy the swimming facilities and that the pool be operated in a safe and sanitary manner.
- All rules and policies are intended to create a safe and family friendly environment.
- No dogs, unless service dogs or other pets will be permitted in the pool.
- No child under the age of 13 will be permitted into the pool without a parent or adult guardian.
- No glass items shall be permitted in the pool.
- No outside food, drink, alcohol, or tobacco will be permitted in the pool. Outside food and drinks are permitted for pool parties. No persons will be admitted to the pool while under the influence of alcohol
- Personal conduct in the pool area must be such that the safety of the individual and others are not endangered or offended. No profanity is allowed.
Any violation of the rules and policies could result in expulsion without refund from the pool for the remainder of the day and/or season.
- Children 5 years of age and younger must have an adult (18 years of age or older) in the water at all times, no matter the child’s swimming ability.
- Children 6-12 years of age who cannot pass the swim test requires an adult (18 years of age or older) in the water with the child within 5ft at all times.
- Children 6 & 7 years of age and are able to pass the swim test are required to have a supervising adult (18 years of age or older) on deck at all times.
- Children 8-12 years of age who pass the swim test require an adult (18 years of age or older) to be in the YMCA facility at all times.
- Any swimmers exhibiting weak swim skills may be given a YMCA administered swim skills test in order to be allowed to swim in water that is deeper than their underarms.
NEW BADEN VILLAGE PARKOpen Daily, 6 a.m. to dusk.
The 41-acre New Baden Community Park has a swimming pool, tennis courts, ball diamonds, soccer field, hockey rink, skate-park, limestone walking path, play-ground equipment, sand volleyball court, basketball court, and picnic facilities. The Park Pavilions can be reserved through-out the spring and summer for a small fee. The Legion Memorial Swimming Pool is open daily from Memorial Day to mid-August. Swimming Lessons, Water Aerobics, Pool Parties and seasonal passes are available. Contact Village Hall for more details.
PARK PAVILION RESERVATIONS
Picnic facilities and other recreation areas are available by reservation only. The Park has 2 large pavilions (the Lions Club Pavilion has an attached kitchen, the other Pavilion does not), 2 smaller pavilions, and the Gazebo.
Please contact Village Hall for availability, 588-3813.
**Non-resident is any person living outside the corporate limits of New Baden.
**Fees Effective July 1, 2011, as approved by the New Baden Park Board on June 21, 2011.
New Baden Organizations will have priority for scheduling pavilions or any other recreation facilities within the Park. New Baden Organizations may schedule the pavilions and other recreation facilities by reserving time slots at the Village Hall. New Baden Organizations may request the reservation fee to be waived.
Keys for the facilities may be checked out the day of the event or on the last working day prior to the event. Keys must be returned immediately after an event and may be deposited in the Village Hall's night deposit slot located on the west side of the building.
Baseball/Softball Diamond usage is also scheduled through the Park & Rec Coordinator, 910-4617. There is a fee per diamond for any prep work done.